Arabic, ASL, Chinese, French, German, Korean, Spanish
The goal of the GLOBAL PLUS program is to foster a world language advantage by offering high quality language classes to elementary students, and thereby capture the optimal time in a child’s life to learn a new language.
GLOBAL PLUS students will establish a strong foundation in language learning, that will give them an edge as they enter middle school and beyond.
Teachers will now have access to three different curricula that address the needs of different skill levels: first- time learners to heritage speakers.
In support of the FCPS Portrait of a Graduate, the GLOBAL PLUS curriculum delivers a stronger focus on communication. This will provide children with skills to establish meaningful connections as they become GLOBAL citizens of a rapidly changing, increasingly diverse and interconnected world.
What is the program structure?
Students are grouped in kindergarten, grades 1-3, and grades 4-6 and receive one hour per week of language instruction for 20 weeks. The cost is $319. Some schools offer 10 week courses for $169. Please take advantage of Early Bird discounts.
GLOBAL Plus FCPS Schools and Languages
*Korean classes only open to FCPS students attending this school
- Bull Run Elementary: Spanish
- Bush Hill Elementary: French, Spanish
- Canterbury Woods Elementary: French, German, Spanish
- Cardinal Forest Elementary: Chinese, French, Spanish
- Clermont Elementary: Chinese, Spanish
- Cub Run Elementary: *Korean
- Deer Park Elementary: *Korean
- Eagle View: *Korean
- Fairfax Villa Elementary: *Korean
- Fort Hunt Elementary: ASL, French
- Freedom Hill Elementary: French, Spanish
- Glen Forest Elementary: Arabic, ASL, Spanish
- Greenbriar East Elementary: Spanish
- Greenbriar West Elementary: Spanish
- Haycock Elementary: Chinese, French, Spanish, Russian
- Hunt Valley Elementary: Chinese, Spanish
- Island Creek Elementary: French, Spanish
- Kent Gardens Elementary: French, Spanish
- Kings Park Elementary: Spanish
- Laurel Ridge Elementary: ASL, German, Spanish
- Lorton Station Elementary: ASL, French, Spanish
- Mantua Elementary: Chinese, German, Spanish
- Mosby Woods Elementary: French, German, Spanish, *Korean
- Orange Hunt Elementary: German, Spanish
- Powell Elementary: *Korean, Spanish
- Ravensworth Elementary: Spanish
- Rolling Valley Elementary: Spanish
- Spring Hill Elementary: Chinese, French, Spanish
- Springfield Estates Elementary: ASL, French, Spanish
- Stratford Landing Elementary: Spanish
- Waynewood Elementary: Spanish
- West Springfield Elementary: Spanish
- Westbriar Elementary: Spanish
- Westgate Elementary: Chinese, French, Spanish
- White Oaks Elementary: *Korean, Spanish
Frequently Asked Questions
When do GLOBAL PLUS classes start and how do I register for a GLOBAL PLUS class at my school?
Registration begins September 6th.
All GLOBAL PLUS classes at participating schools will begin in October.
- Registration is through Adult and Community Education (ACE)
- To register your child at a school other than his or her base school (if space allows), call 703-658-2727. Transportation is not provided.
- To register a non-FCPS student (if space allows), call 703-658-1215 for further information.
GLOBAL PLUS emergency forms are required from all students on the first day of class.
If my school is not a participating GLOBAL PLUS school, can my child attend a GLOBAL PLUS class at another school?
Yes, but only if there is space available. Contact 703-658-2727 so we can assist you. Please be aware that you will be responsible for dropping off your student and picking them up in a timely manner. Transportation is NOT available.
GLOBAL PLUS is not offered at my school; how do I bring GLOBAL PLUS classes to my child’s school?
The GLOBAL PLUS program is a partnership between Adult and Community Education and the World Languages office. Each spring, new schools may be selected for the GLOBAL PLUS program. Contact your school principal or PTA to indicate your interest in GLOBAL PLUS. We will be more than happy to provide them information about our program.
Do you offer discounts?
We offer the following discounts:
- Register by September 30 to qualify for a discount on 20 week classes ($20) using promo code GLOBAL20
- Register by September 23 to qualify for a discount on 10 week classes($10) using promo code GLOBAL10
- Siblings qualify for a 10% discount by calling the ACE Registration Office at 703-658-1201 (offer cannot be combined with the early registration discounts).
Emergency Care Form
se3 Emergency Care Form